The Litchfield Land Trust is grateful for regional allies in the effort for land preservation. Legacy Property is a formal designation conferred by the Litchfield Land Trust. Legacy Landowners are a core constituency for conservation in our community. They have demonstrated sustained stewardship excellence to ensure that the special qualities of these properties endure for the benefit of future generations.
We acknowledge their excellent stewardship and shared land preservation ethic which promotes these common values:
- Conserving land and water.
- Connecting people to the land.
- Enhancing green spaces and developing community gardens.
- Preserving farms and supporting rural economies.
- Sustaining wildlife and biodiversity.
- Protecting scenic views.
- Connecting communities to the land, history, and each other.
- Managing forests to mitigate climate change.
Legacy landowners are contributing to the effort to ensure that that these properties endure for the benefit of future generations. They are encouraged to participate in continuing dialog with peers on conservation matters. Legacy landowners may call upon the Litchfield Land Trust for advice if consideration is being given to significant change in the status of their Legacy Property.